Saturday, May 11, 2013

Choose Learning Topic


  • Explain why you like this topic for your Side Scrolling Action game.
I have always had a fascination with space since I was a young child. I want to create this game to learn more about space and space exploration as well as teach the player about it. I also find that side scrolling games with vehicles are much easier to create than those with actual characters that need to move their limbs. 

  • How will you use game mechanics - such as moving, scrolling, avoiding, collecting objects - to educate players about your learning topic?
Each level of the game will have the player pass by one of the planets in our solar system. The different planets will have different levels of gravitational pull working against the space ship. There will also be different facts that pop up on the load screens. The propulsion on the ship should also look somewhat realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment